- About me
- i'm a clumsy art nerd who loves fashion, design, literature, poetry, music, art, photgraphy, and cultural criticism. you're as likely to catch me watching a reality tv show as you are to find me reading a book on psychoanalysis and film theory. and i'm not being sarcastic-- i do both of those things! i'm equally obsessed with collecting vintage biba clothing and reading postmodern critiques of capitalist society. go figure!
- Check out my style because...
- i have impeccable taste! i don't discriminate-- my loves include vintage, designer, handmade, and high street. but only the best!
- Three things I can't live without
- friends, family, and caffeine.
- When I'm not hiving...
- i'm blogging (see moments-of-grace.blogspot.com), reading other people's blogs (see my links), reading a book (i'm not always online! right now i'm reading tennessee williams' screenplay for "baby doll"), going to a show (next up is dan deacon at great american), or listening to records at my house or a friend's.
- Ask and answer
Describe your style
i love nods to: fairy tales. the victorian era (especially mourning jewelry). edwardian purses and high neck blouses. all things art nouveau and art deco. the 1920s as a whole (head to toe! from the hair styles and head adornments to the beaded dancing bags). elements of 1930s and 1940s fashion (glamorous loungewear, billowing sleeves and bias cut gowns, sharply tailored coats). 1960s and especially 1970s fashion (perhaps my favorite fashion decade! i looove the 70s take on 30s and 40s style).
My dream job
to run a boutique (featuring all my favorite indie designers and charming vintage finds, with a lavishly decorated interior) that sits right next door to my bar/club (with a beautifully decorated interior that rivals only my boutique) where i host art/music/fashion shows, as well as launch parties for each new issue of my magazine (a carefully edited work of art featuring amazing design, writing, photography and art).
What designers are you into these days?
all-time favorites: ossie clark, biba, poiret, 1920s chanel. contemporary favorites: lover, jovovich-hawk, erin fetherston.
If you could live anywhere, where would you live?
i like here and now! but if i could time travel back to paris in the 20s and 30s and hang out with the surrealists, i certainly would.
I can't leave the house without
whatever book i'm reading, my ipod, sunglasses, and my minted rosebud lip balm.