Vintage 1940s Japanese Art
This vintage 1940's Women's blazer from Japan is an absolutely incredible piece of wearable art, with some of the most stunningly beautiful embroidery work we've ever seen.
* Medium-dark green wool fabric with purplish velvet details on collar, cuffs, and pockets
* Woven rope details line collar, cuffs, and pockets
* Woven rope "frog" closures in front
* Exquisite pale pink jacquard-style textured silk or rayon lining
* Three front pockets
Absolutely incredible embroidery on pockets, sleeves, and back, including:
* 13-inch tall multi-colored pagodas on each sleeve
* A Japanese man in a horse-drawn carriage on one pocket
* A boat with sea and sky on another pocket
* A Japanese figure with the letters "R L E" embroidered on the upper pocket
* Astounding 20" long by 6" wide red Japanese dragon adorning the back
This is a truly amazing collector's piece!