One day, wide rules and skinny drools. The next, skinny runs circles around wide's 30-inch leg openings. Denim is definitely at a crossroads. So who's the Fall 2007 champ?For those of you whose bodies resemble Twiggy's, stick with skinnies, at least for one more season. However, for the rest of us, the wide leg is THE look of the season. Wide-leg jeans are flattering on almost any figure because they elongate the body, making you look taller and more proportionate. You can dress up a dark wash pair for the office with a silk blouse and heels, or dress down a washed out pair with a vintage tee and beaded jewelry. And with wide leg jeans, you can get in on the whole hot menswear trend. Which makes wides Stylehive's Champions of the Denim World! For now.
Here are some of my favorite wide leg jeans:
- Stephenson Mercer Fisherman Jean- $251
- J.Crew Trouser Jean In Lightweight Denim- $95
- BCBG Behati Denim Classic Trouser- $186
- Seven Jeans Jacqueline Jean - $198
If you're still stuck on the skinnies, these are the best:
- Kova & T Dasha 98 Straight Leg Jean- $198
- Joe's Jeans Chelsea Jean- $159
- Rag & Bone Skinny Jean - $68.40
- J Brand 12 Inch Pencil Leg Jeans in Gray- $158
Who do you think wins in the wide vs. skinny competition? Tell me in Comments!